Social Change in Community-based Settings
This project is a partnership among GBC, Parkdale Activity Recreation Center (PARC), and Housing and Homeless Service at St Stephen’s Community House (SSCH). This research project will gather quantitative and qualitative evidence of the critical components of transformative education, which will subsequently be employed to develop, pilot and evaluate an innovative model of transformational education.
Major objectives include:
- The identification of the critical elements, content, impacts, and relational practice indicators for transformational education learning;
- The development of a series of transformative education workshops based on themes identified through the focus groups, individual interviews and academic- and practice-based literature on transformative educational learning and relational practice; and
- The pilot implementation and evaluation of a transformative educational program in three community-based organizations (and potentially others) in Toronto, and mobilization of research knowledge.
- Share the transformative education model developed with other key stakeholders to be implemented within their communities beyond the length of the current research.
- Parkdale Activity Recreation Center
- St Stephen’s Community House
- Jaswant Kaur Bajwa
- Business/Social Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Social Innovation Exchange